Thursday, July 16, 2009

LIterature corner..! (for all you budding journo's)

MCN: BD5AB-F3DC4-FADC1




Hi this thread is for all you budding journo's out there,if you have done a piece for a newspaper,magazine,university,school,or for fun,post it on this thread,its always cool to read literacy from my people,and to get a different insight on a topic,story,or experience..!!! there is no set subject,it can be about absolutely anything,factual,drama,comedy,life experience,tragedy,a review,i look forward to reading future post's..!!

heres a couple i wrote pertaining to the Ms Guyana debut in london,i wrote for the Ms world/Ms Guyana franchise for the organizer Ken Chung,and next thing i knew the Guyana Chronicle..were asking me to do a piece for them...although admittedly they edited it soo much,when i turned my head 2/3rds of the piece was chopped out grrrr,butchered it,but i think any artisan would say that hehe,anyway hope you enjoy the piece..!!



A taste of home...

Paul U-Ming on Dessia’s London bash
In the prestigious Kensington area of London two Saturdays ago, Dessia Braithwaite was feted and showered with love by Guyanese as she heads for Miss World in Poland.

The event was the annual Dinner and Dance put on by the Miss Guyana World organisation.

The food was fantastic. I wish I had a bigger appetite on the night, as I felt I could not give the cuisine the attentiveness it truly merited. Unfortunately due to my present diet regime my belly had shrunk!
The dishes were varied, but traditional - from the sweet aroma of pepper pot, to the rustic but tender bite size chunks of garlic pork, channa, salted-fish, curried mutton, stewed chicken, followed by a variety of deserts.

The company was pleasant and the live acts made for an entertaining evening

First up was internationally known exciting talent Fatz President. He is an extremely graceful man and his three numbers touched the audience like a velvet glove and left me with a smile.

Next was Jamaican born internationally acclaimed reggae superstar Donna Marie, whose sweet soulfulness warmed the embers of my spirit like fine rum,
The final artiste was Anja, all the way from Copenhagen Denmark, known throughout Europe extensively for her television and festival appearances. This lady was a real live wire, a fiery mix, full of beans. I was very impressed with her energy and passion that she put into her songs. It was a dynamic performance,

I felt a little under-dressed at first, as my memory of the last function I attended was a little more informal. However this year the stops were pulled out. Everyone, barring myself, looked real dapper.

The High Commissioner, Laleshwar Singh and his wife honoured us with their presence for the whole event.

Overall the evening was a total success, and credit must be given to Ken Chung in making light of a difficult task in organizing such a prestigious event. Well done Ken.

Other guests of the evening were contestants of the Miss T&T UK pageant.

Written by Paul U-Ming








Chivalrous Guyana!

by Paul U-Ming




Chivalrous Guyana! Friday the 25TH of August 2006, was the reception Gala for MS Guyana 2006 winner Dessia Braithwaite.The stage was set in an old Georgian period building in the extremely prestigious Bayswater area of London,overlooking Princess Diana's old residence,which was a very apt setting for the evening ahead! I arrived a little early to the bustle of the organiser still preparing the finishing touches to what seemed an official Gala of the highest order.

I was greeted by Carl Brown Abrams, P.R. man for his Excellency the High Commissioner,an extremely welcoming man whom organised the internal production with the strategic precision of a general!

The buffet and bar was well laid out, and was a fusion of guyanese and high tea finger food,accompanied by attentive service.

As the guests arrived into the reception area,the noise and laughter rose,as if a pandora's box of fun and happiness had been opened,reminiscent of those Guyanese partys I went to as a child. Then, the crowd parted as this exotic vision of beauty entered the reception chamber and stood in front of us. It was Ms Guyana winner 2006 Dessia Braithwaite. She was wearing a white gown of glittering diamantes,that classically fitted around her perfect form,and complimented her radiant complexion!

Everyone,including myself this time, was well turned out and had worn their Sunday Best. The audience was greeted by first secretary to his Excellency the High Commissioner, Mr Michael Brotherson. The man has a smile wider than the Essiquibo River, and the warmth of the carribean sun. He introduced His Excellency who spoke with charm, eloquence and humour. His Excellency stated that he was certain Miss Guyana was sure to emulate the success of the West Indies cricket team, in the Miss World arena.

Ken Chung was then introduced. He greeted everyone and thanked them all for coming and supporting the event. This is the guy who makes it all happen and pulls it all together. Without his consistent hard work and meticulous planning, the gala, and all efforts with regard to the Ms Guyana World franchise, would not be as huge a success as it's been year after year. Once again, job well done Ken.

The best was definitely saved 'til last. Ms Braithwaite in all her glory took to the mic.She also thanked everyone for attending,and for their support. She spoke of her hopes and aspirations,as i aspired to position myself closer to her, ahem, purely for journalistic reasons you understand.

After the introductions the honored guests and audience mingled. The atmosphere was friendly and festive,equivical to a mini-carnival. As the evening came to a close it was time for the raffle. For me it represented what Guyanese people are all about. It was the only raffle I had ever seen where the winners relinquished their prizes for the womenfolk to win. The men looked smart,proud,full of posture,and jokes! They displayed a chivalry that was a pure joy to watch,as only the Guyanese could do it, with such natural off the cuff style and pizzaz!!, It was a great night,with lots of beauty and happiness.

.My thanks to His Excellency the High Commissioner and his team, Ken Chung, Dessia Braithwaite,and all of you back home who voted for her. well this is Paul U-Ming your London based correspondent for the Guyanese Community signing off, Long live Guyanese chivalry!


Written by Paul U-Ming..





Hi Brothers and Sister!!

My apologies for being absent a year,but i was trying an experiment,that took 100% focus,you see last year was year of the Rat,my chinee animal sign,to be precise a water rat,well it comes only every 12 years.
I waited a long time for my turn to come,and i charged at it like Beyonce on a shopping spree,i left no rock unturned,and no opportunity left wanting for an invitation,
did i get lucky based on my zodiac position,did Buddha hear my cry and say to me let there be light,
I don't know ,depends on how philosophical i look at it,i think cause i attacked life with such gregariousness that i seemed busier than the year before,did i benefit straight away for my efforts ,no not really,however due to the effort made last year,this year things seem to be falling into place,and the way has been paved in definitive paths,there has been times i have tried my best and fallen short of my benchmark set,but last year i done my best and some days i would make a step forward,other days take 2 steps back,but due to being dogged in the pursuit of evolution,i believe Buddha rewarded my efforts with a little bit of luck along the way..!!

Written by Paul U-Ming..

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete